Saturday, October 15, 2011

Recent Happenings...

Isn't it funny how life has a way of getting away on you.  Here I am blogging after 5 months and it feels like much longer.  Here's a quick update on the last few months.  I have been working, a lot.  In fact for awhile I was working 3 part time jobs and so the parenting was left up to Wes.  It was an experience.  I think it was good for me.  I will likely never take Wes for granted as far as how hard he works for our family.  Currently I am working one permanent part time job and another one only as a substitute.  I am enjoying this pace a lot more.

This year my oldest son hit Junior High.  WOW!  I am getting old...aahh!  Even still, I am really enjoying the different dynamics that brings.  We have sporting events to attend and a lot of new topics to discuss.  I love having the spiritual discussions with my kids.  Youth is definitely the starter of these conversations.  Sam said, how come the youth leader always tries to stump us with questions?  I am thrilled at that.  I am also hoping that this makes my son realize that he has to walk his own walk of faith.  That transition is one I pray happens with all my kids!  I do not want them to have a stagnant faith.

As you notice, the picture on the top is us practicing volleyball with Sam.  The picture is dark because i had to use my kids camera!  Mine is broken!  It happened in the last month somewhere.  I used it in summer and hauled it out last week just to find it won't take pictures anymore.  It's a battery issue but I do realize it is 6 years old and probably feels exhausted:)  I will have to buy a new one shortly.  There are just so many to choose from that I have no idea what to buy.  I know that my next camera needs to snap pictures faster than this one.  I guess most cameras will have been improved since 6 years ago so maybe I won't have to look specifically for that feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment