Today the weather is getting under my skin! We have had rain for 3 days straight (lots of it) and today to top it off we have wind that could blow the North Pole right into my front yard! It is ridiculous. The weather somehow doesn't seem to motivate me to get stuff done. I am thinking I should go out and apply for a few different jobs like maybe Canadian Tire or Sobey's or something like that.
I was volunteering in Curtis' classroom this week and I read with the kids. It really astonished me how some kids can read. One girl in particular had finished all the Grade 1 levels and is totally capable of reading chapter books even though they don't offer them in Grade 1! Wow! My Curtis is not nearly there and if fact I am feeling quite discouraged about the whole process because they get certain sight words home and he's had the same ones at home for 3 weeks and gets them right every single day but as soon as he takes them to school he gets nervous and flops on one of them. I can't help him not be nervous at school but I am sick and tired of him not being able to learn new ones. It feels like a waste of time! The books he brings home are no challenge for him but they don't give him harder ones until the sight words are at a certain level. SO I'm stuck. I was reading Dr.Suess with him yesterday for extras and he did really well on some of it so I'm thinking we'll have to get some of those books to help us along. I need to be patient at least that's what Wes tells me:)
No comments:
Post a Comment