Thursday, December 9, 2010

No Christmas Baking yet...

I was totally going to start my Christmas baking at the very beginning of December but it seems as if though life doesn't just give me a day to do but rather that I will have to plan for it.  Curtis has invited ALL the boys in his class to his b-day party for tomorrow so I will be baking and cooking for that but with hopes that there might be extra to put in the freezer!  He wants X-large monster cookies for his "birthday cake". He doesn't really like to eat cake so it seems easier for me.  I will decorate each cookie with M&M's to make a number 6 on the top.  Simple but fun hopefully!  I never know how to decide what to do with kids birthdays...I really just wanted Curtis to pick someone to take bowling and that would be the end of it but I also wanted the opportunity to meet the friends/parents of the kids he hangs out with so here goes! 

On another note I thought I might share my dream baking list:

1.  Grandma cookies (shapes with colored icing)

2.  Egg-free donuts (they turned out better than the ones with eggs)

3.  2 batches of Eat-more bars cause they are a serious favorite around here

4. Oh henry bars

5.  Mars bars

6. Chocolate peanut butter slice

7. Butter Bud cookies

8.  Monster cookies

IF I get these things baked and I have time leftover which I highly doubt, there are a few more recipes that I would like to try.  (Sugar cookies, chocolate crunch brownies and maybe a Krispie roll and puffed wheat cake)  I think that would be too much but I with all my family coming out, I hope to get rid of some!  I always try to make most of the recipes on the same day so I can freeze them as an assortment and then when I need to bring something that I can just grab it and go!

No comments:

Post a Comment