Thursday, January 13, 2011

Did You Know...

that with anticipation comes the ever dreaded stress?  I don't know if I really like the combination of emotions that I've been having.  We have decided to try and sell our home.  I look forward to things yet to come but am very afraid of what might not happen...like for instance if the house doesn't sell.  I don't know why it makes me feel so anxious.  I suppose having lived here for 10 years plus could do that to me!  When we were thinking about this decision we kept in mind a few things; the mortgage, living within our means, and expanding without becoming greedy. I find myself living in a very materialistic world as you may have noticed by watching a few commercials or listening to people talk, but being conformed to the world isn't exactly my idea of joy!
We have put all of this into God's hands and we will choose to be joyful regardless of the outcome.  We have checked out a house that we would love to live in but it already has an offer on it.  The contractor told us he could build us one like that in the summer if we were interested.  I am praying that I can have peace instead of worry and joy instead of fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment