Monday, October 31, 2011

I Love the Scripture

Here's why:  This past week Curtis had his tonsillectomy and I was busy.  Running to get him freezies, popsicles, ice cream, slurpees etc....you get the point all the while trying to keep this sugared kid calm so the bleeding doesn't start!  Needless to say, there was hardly any spare time, and so my Bible collected some dust.  By the end of the week I was feeling dry!  I knew I only had a few moments and so I quickly tried to memorize a verse from Psalm 143:8.  It says,"In the morning I will seek your word for my soul rests in you. Show me the way I should go for I have put my trust in you."  At Women of Faith this past weekend, I was challenged to memorize this verse.  As I was reading this verse over and over, it really came to life!  I love how I am asking God to take me where He wants me to go rather than me having Him tag along!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Lisa! I am excited to learn to follow God too with my next devotional book that I just ordered!

    ReplyDelete